I have a new fiction-writing handbook coming out next weekend (August 17th)!
The e-book is already up for pre-order… I’m running a special pre-order price of $2.99 this week. It will be going up to $4.99 at release.
You can pre-order it here: https://www.amazon.com/Slap-Him-Fish-Crash-Course-Fiction-ebook/dp/B07VVM8TZ6
There’ s a paperback version in the works as well, which should also release around the 17th.
Here’s what it covers:
SLAP HIM WITH A FISH IS A CRASH COURSE IN THE CRAFT OF FICTION FOR BEGINNING TO INTERMEDIATE FICTION WRITERS.
Written by an indie author and writing instructor and made to address often-asked questions from the author’s students and fellow writers, this handbook covers an assortment of writing topics. Told in a conversational, easily digested format, this book provides an in-depth look at the craft of fiction with a practical-yet-encouraging perspective.
Topics covered include:
- What Makes a Story “Work”
- Creating Emotional Impact
- The Writing Process
- Genres and Genre Expectations
- The True Meaning of Show, Don’t Tell
- Backstory and the Iceberg Theory
- Significant Detail versus Excess Detail
- Writing for an Audience
- How Characters, Setting, Plot, and Theme Interconnect
- Hooking Your Reader
- Crafting Realistic Conflict & Building Story Tension
- Thematic Threads and Emotional Resonance
- Using Description in Your Story
- Using Exposition in Your Story
- Point of View (POV)
- Narrative Style & Authorial Voice
- Crafting Strong Dialogue
- Making Every Word Count
- Developing Characters
- Plotting & Planning
- Basic Story Structure
- Drafting: Tips for getting started
- The Magic of “Flow”
- Surviving the Suck
- How To Finish That First Draft!
- Tips for Self-Editing
- Choosing a Title and Writing a Blurb/Description
- Publishing Options
- And more!
GRAB THIS HANDY RESOURCE NOW AND LEVEL UP YOUR SKILLS IN THE CRAFT OF FICTION.
Just wanted to let you all know in case anyone might find it helpful!